1. Pet- a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure.
2. Companion- a person or animal with whom one spends a lot of time or with whom one travels.
3. Tiny- very small.
4. Mongoose- a small carnivorous mammal with a long body and tail and a grizzled or banded coat, native to Africa and Asia.
5. Cradle- a baby's bed or cot, typically one mounted on rockers.
6. Alternately- with two things continually following and succeeded by each other; one after the other
7. Rocked- move gently to and fro or from side to side to make the baby sleep.
8. Frankly- in an open, honest, and direct manner.
9. Afraid- feeling fear or anxiety
10. ran into-meeting suddenly
11. groceries- a grocer's shop or business.
12. customary- according to the customs or usual practices
13. screamed- give a long, loud, piercing cry or cries expressing extreme emotion or pain.
14. Paws- an animal's foot having claws and pads
15. smeared- coat or mark (something) messily or carelessly with a greasy or sticky substance.
16. wicked- evil or morally wrong
17. hysterically- with wildly uncontrolled emotion
18. fast asleep- sleeping deeply
19. torn- pull (something) apart or to pieces with force.
20. unaware- having no knowledge of a situation or fact
21. sobbing- cry noisily, making loud, convulsive gasps.
22. hastily- with excessive speed or urgency; hurriedly.
23. rashly- without careful consideration of the possible consequences
24. stared- look fixedly or vacantly at someone or something with one's eyes wide open
25. Wiping- clean or dry (something) by rubbing with a cloth, a piece of paper, or one's hand.
26. Feed- give food to.