1) Explain any one method of crop production which ensures high yield.
ANSWER:-Inter cropping is a method of crop production which ensures high yield. It is a practice of growing two or more crops simultaneously in the same field in rows
2) Why are manures and fertilizers used in fields?
ANSWER:-Manures and fertilizers are used in fields to enrich the soil with the required nutrients. Manure helps in enriching the soil with organic matter and nutrients. On the other hand, fertilizers ensure a healthy growth and development in plants.
3) What are the advantages of inter-cropping and crop rotation?
ANSWER:-Inter-cropping and crop rotation both are used to get maximum benefit on limited land. Inter-cropping helps in preventing pests and diseases to spread throughout the field. It also increases soil fertility, whereas crop rotation prevents soil depletion, increases soil fertility, and reduces soil erosion. Both these methods reduce the need for fertilizers.
4) What is genetic manipulation? How is it useful in agricultural practices?
ANSWER:-Genetic manipulation is a process where the gene for a particular character is introduced inside the chromosome of a cell. Genetic manipulation is useful in developing varieties with higher yield, Good Quality, Biotic and Abiotic resistance, short maturity period.
5) How do storage grain losses occur?
ANSWER:-During the storage of grains both biotic and abiotic factors cause losses to grains. Biotic factors such as insects, rodents, mites and various abiotic factors like moisture, temperature and lack of sunlight also affect the grains.
6) How do good animal husbandry practices benefit farmers?
ANSWER:-Cattle farming is one of the methods of animal husbandry that is most beneficial for farmers. Using this method, better breeds of draught animals can be produced.
7) What are the benefits of cattle farming?
ANSWER:-Benefits of cattle farming:
→ Good quality and quantity of milk can be produced.
→ Draught labour animals can be produced for agricultural work.
→ New variety that are resistant to diseases can be produced by crossing two varieties with the desired traits.
8) For increasing production, what is common in poultry, fisheries and bee-keeping?
ANSWER:-The common factor for increasing production in poultry, fisheries, and bee keeping is the proper management techniques that are to be followed. Regular cleaning of farms is of utmost importance.
9) How do you differentiate between capture fishing, mariculture and aquaculture?
ANSWER:-Capture fishing the method of obtaining fishes from natural resources Mariculture is the culture of marine fishes for commercial use. Aquaculture involves the production of aquatic animals that are of high economic value such as prawns, lobster