A. Read the following extracts carefully and answer the questions.
1) “Go bid the priest do present sacrifice and bring me their opinions success”. (3)
1) Who is the person spoken to?
2) Why does the speaker want the priests to do sacrifice?
3) What was the outcome of the sacrifice?
2) “Cowards die many times before their deaths ;
The valiant never taste death but once.” (3)
1) Elucidate the lines in short.
2) What is the context of the lines?
3) What character trait of the speaker do you find from the above lines?
3) “Shall Caesar send a lie”
Have I in conquest stretched mine arm so far. (3)
To be afraid to tell the grey beards the truth?”
i) Explain in short the underlying meanings of the above lines
ii) Who is going to carry the lie?
iii) Who are the greybeards here?
4) “...........if you shall send them word you will not come
Their minds may change “ (3)
i) Who are ‘them’ here?
ii) Why will the listener not come?
iii) On what grounds their minds may change?
5) “That every like is not the same, O Caesar,
The heart of Brutus yearns to think upon!’ (3)
i) Who is the speaker?
ii) What is the implication of the lines?
iii) What is the purpose of the speaker for being at this place?
6) “We are two lions littered in one day
And I the elder and more terrible. “ (3)
i) Who are ‘we’ here?
ii) What is the meaning of ‘litter’d”?
iii) Who are the listeners here?
B) Answer the following questions in about 30 – 40 words each 5x3=18
a) Explain the dream of the watchmen.
b) Why does Calphurnia want Caesar not to go out?
c) Relate us with Caesar’s view on death.
d) What was the dream of Calphurnia?
e) How did Decius interpret the dream of Calphurnia?
f) Comment on the character of Caesar in respect to “Act-II, scene-I”.