A. Answer the following questions in about 30 – 40n words each
1. How did Franz’s feelings change about M. Hamel and School?
2. Write about the other guests in the classroom apart from M. Hamel and other students.
3. “Will they make them sing in German even the pigeons?”
4. Why was there a crowed in front of the bulletin board at the town hall?
5. “Garbage to them is gold” . Why does the author say about the rag pickers?
6. For sahib. “even shoes with a hole is a dream come true”. Elucidate.
7. What are the problems faces by the bangle makers?
8. “Saheb is no longer his master’ – what does the author mean?
9. What did Douglas plan when his feet hit the bottom?
10. What happened when “all efforts ceased”?
11. How did the instructor make William Douglas a perfect swimmer5?
12. “All we have to fear is fear itself” – Explain.
B. Answer the following questions in about 125 to 150 words each.
1) How did Douglas overcome fear?
2) Describe Saheb’s life story from a rag picker to a servant in a tea-stall. Why couldn’t his new job make him happy?
3) What was the parting message of Mr. Hamel to his students and village elders? What was the effect on them?