An advertisement is a publicly announced message which is targeted for soliciting or offering various services or to impart information to the common mass.
CBSE has introduced Advertisement in the category of short composition .I shall discuss about the salient features of ‘SITUATION VACANT’ (Classified Advertisement) today.
There are certain features for classified advertisements .Students are advised to be meticulous about these characteristics to ensure the best output.
FEATURES FOR CLASSIFIED ADVERTISEMENTS
1. You must not cross 50 words. Never cross this limit to avoid deduction of marks.
2. You don’t have a lot of words to waste. In advertisement you are charged for per word. So get to the point quickly.
3. In comparison to display advertisement classified advertisement is less attractive and gets less space. So use catchy words to attract the readers.
4. Avoid complex and intrigue way of speaking .Be very simple and direct so that you ensure the message understood to the maximum.
5. In classified advertisements you are not allowed to use blocks and or other designs.
6. You can start first one or two words in capital letters to attract the readers.
7. You are advertising to give information to the people either for services or other general information. So make sure your advertisement provides complete information.
8. Whether you are an advertiser soliciting services or offering services you must provide a proper way of contact .Or else your advertisement may turn to be a futile one.
‘SITUATION VACANT’ is one of the advertisements in the category of classified advertisements. In this part you are an advertiser who is soliciting people for your need. The following are the key points for ‘SITUATION VACNT’ for better score.
ü Do not cross the word limit. (50 words)
ü Mention the educational qualifications, other qualifications and experience desired.
ü Mention the no of vacancies and state if you prefer any such as only male or female, married or unmarried etc.
ü Clearly mentions the pay scale .Or give a prior info for the same.
ü Name your company or organization name.
ü Give your contact address, email or any other way of communication.
ü Clearly mention the selection procedure i. e. the steps involved in the selection.
ü Put your advertisement in side of box (not a big one)
|SAMPLE ADVERTISEMENTS FOR SITUATION VACANT|