A. Read the following extracts and answer the questions.
1. “After the excitement of homecoming wore off, chuck hit a new low.” 3
i) From where did chuck return?
ii) In which month did chuck return?
iii) What was the “new low”?
2. “He was a 23-Kilo missile of joy” 3
i) Who is ‘he’ here?
ii) What did he do ?
iii) Where did ‘he’ hit chuck hooper?
3. “The staffs were amazed by the visit”? 3
i) Whom do the authors refer as “The staff”?
ii) Name the manager.
iii) Which date did chuck visit the staff?
4. “Thirteen months from the moment, he worked full days” 3
i) From which date did chuck start working full days?
ii) What was his reward?
iii) For how many hours did he work earlier?
B. Answer the questions 6 x 2 = 12
1. Establish “a dog named Duke” as a didactic story.
2. Comment on the role of Duke for chuck Hooper’s revival.
3. “a dog named Duke” is a story of inspiration – comment.
4. Narrate the first day of their (chuck and Duke) struggle.
5. Comment on the following dates – (1) June’01 (2) January4, and March, 1.
6. Establish the story “A dog named Duke” a story of optimism and melancholy.