1) Read the following extract and answer the questions:
1. “They would not have you to stir forth to-day. (3)
Plucking the entrails of an offering forth. …..”
a) – who are ‘they’ here?
b) – what did ‘they’ say?
c) – Why did ‘they’ say so?
2. “By your pardon. (3)
I will myself into the pulpit first”
a) – To whom the words are spoken?
b) – Why will the speaker go to the pulpit first?
c) – Who will be next to go to the pulpit?
3. “…Bear with me (3)
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it comeback to me.”
a) – Who is the speakers?
b) – What is the purpose of this speech?
c) – Name the author of the drama.
4. “…I remember
The first time ever Caesar put it on.”
a) – What did Caesar put on?
b) – Which day did Caesar put it on?
c) – Which was the season when Caesar had put it on?
B) Answer the following question in about 30 to 40 words. 12
1) Acquaint us with the dream of Calpurnia.
2) On what ground conspirators killed Caesar?
3) Evaluate mark Antony as a speaker.
4) How was Caesar murdered?
5) What was in the will of Caesar?
6) “Et tu, Brute!” – Explain critically.